Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dear Pen-Pal,


Did you ever write that? As a kid, to another kid someplace else on the globe, usually as required by your English teacher :) But I, like lots of other kids, really enjoyed having a pen-pal! Today, it came up in the Etsy forums that lots of us would like another go at having a pen-pal. So here goes - welcome to the Etsy pen-pal signups!

If you would like to write letters back and forth with another Etsy crafter, please e-mail me at tracyleighernst@gmail.com or convo me on Etsy. And we're talking real letters - stationary, postcards, and postage stamps. Maybe even a fun care package or small gift now and then if you want.

I'd like to get all participants together by Friday of this week. Once I have a list of participants, I will send out a short survey (5-10 questions) just to get a short list of your general interests and of course, your mailing address. Once I have everyone's info, I'll do my best to find compatible matches and will send everyone the info for their new pen-pal.

This should be lots and lots of fun and I hope we get a great turnout!

If you have any questions, you can contact me at the e-mail address above.

6 comments:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Oh, that does sound like fun!!!

Tasha Early said...

What a great idea! I'll be in touch...

Rosebud Collection said...

It sounds like a great idea..but I am such a lousy letter writer..I do good with my emails/blog friends..I am almost afraid to try, for fear I would disappoint you..

PAC said...

great idea!

Jaded said...

Thats such a great idea!

Crystal said...

Sounds kinda fun. :) Would non-lengthy letters work?? I'm afraid my life is a bit boring.